- DELTA®-FL rolls out to create a water-vapor proof seamless subfloor preventing moisture rise that would damage floor finishes.*
- Up to 30% increase in floor temperature.
- Protects floor finishes from moisture.
- Laminate can be directly installed on DELTA®-FL.
- Instant comfort and warmth.
- Fast and easy to level and install.
- DELTA®-FL will never rot, unlike other subfloor systems.
- Unlike 2'x2' panels, there are no open seams that could create mold.
- Provides an insulation thermal air-gap barrier that separates your finished floor from the concrete floor.
- Provides a strong even floor.
- Offers minimal reduction in head room, adds only 5/16" (8mm) height to the floor.
- Provides a clear drainage path underneath the floor, to allow moisture to move to drains, if necessary.
- Allows airflow under the floor.
- Creates a vapor pressure equilibrium between the air-gap create by DELTA®-FL and the soil/concrete below, stopping the moisture drive into the interior and providing a healthier, less humid climate.
- Installed with its dimples down to create a 5/16-inch thick air space above the slab.
- Can be covered with a plywood subfloor and topped off with carpet or flooring systems.
- 30 year product warranty.
- Existing floor finishes such as paint, vinyl or ceramic tile do not need to be removed if they are securely bonded.
- Roll out DELTA®-FL on entire floor area, stripe up/studs down, cutting to fit accordingly. Do not overlap/interlock dimples.
- If concrete is uneven cut strips of DELTA®-FL sheet, to raise floor. Use a leveling compound to smooth uneven areas greater than 1/4" (6.3mm).
- Butt joints and tape with DELTA® Moisture Proof tape.
When installing Carpet, Vinyl/Linoleum or Nailed Hardwood with DELTA®-FL, it is necessary to use a subfloor board such as 5/8" (16mm) tongue & groove plywood/OSB. For vinyl, use recommended vinyl underlay. Stagger joints.
- Install minimum 5/8" (16mm) tongue & groove plywood in a staggered pattern.
- Any areas that exhibit "bounce or bending", due to an uneven floor should be anchored by inserting concrete screws (Tapcon). It is recommended to apply caulking to the pre-drilled screw holes.
- When NOT using tongue & groove plywood, anchor with 1 3/4" (44.5mm) concrete screws (Tapcon) on 24" (610mm) centers. Caulk the screw hole prior to inserting anchor.
When installing Laminate/Floating floor systems, this system can be placed directly on DELTA®-FL.
- Place laminate foam over DELTA®-FL and install laminate according to laminate/floating floor systems manufacturer's instructions.
- DELTA®-FL is a vapor barrier.
Utility knife, drill, Tapcon screws (Optional) & DELTA® Moisture Proof tape.
DELTA®-FL does not prevent flooding.
*seams are sealed with DELTA®-MOISTURE PROOF TAPE.
DELTA® is a registered trademark of Ewald Dorken AG, Herdecke, Germany
Seamless Mold &
COMPETITIVE PANEL SYSTEM
2x2 subfloors have open seams, that allow moisture to contact the wood, which may cause rot and mold.